[gdal-dev] Wrapping with SWIG (with attached example)

Hank Finley assetfx at gmail.com
Sat May 18 16:32:43 PDT 2013

Hi Greg,

Your right I haven't posted any issue yet. I am trying to look for a person
with the right skills that could help me first.

I am looking for someone that has had experience wrapping the C language
with SWIG, for use in Java. If I can find someone then I will gladly post
more detail.

Change of heart...
I am attempting to wrap Spatialite structs and functions for use in Java. I
am using SWIG to do this. At the moment I am focused on the structs. They
reside in structs.h. When SWIG cannot figure out how to wrap something it
creates opaque datatypes, like SWIGTYPE_p_int (this is just an example). To
resolve the opaques you write an interface file that tells SWIG how to
manage the datatype. I have resolved some of these, however there are some
that remain and I am trying to find someone that could lend me a hand, as I
have gone as far as I can by myself.

I have attached a zip that contains the struct.h header file and my
structs.i interface file. In structs.h I have underlined the types that have
caused SWIG to create opaque datatypes. I have written short notes beside
the ones I have resolved. example.zip
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5054207/example.zip>

Kind regards Hank