[gdal-dev] RFC 47 and Threading

Blake Thompson flippmoke at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:00:50 PDT 2014

I wanted to call to everyone's attention the work I have been doing in an
attempt to make it possible for more portions of GDAL to be thread safe and
improve speed in multi-threaded environments. I have put a RFC up here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc47_dataset_caching

Originally my work focused on simply changing the way the LRU cache
operated, but I ended up doing more in an attempt to make it much more
efficient while still being thread safe.

Being that this is a core part of GDAL, I wanted to get everyone's
thoughts/questions/concerns on the different ways I have gone about
attempting to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Blake