[gdal-dev] Standard Dev. Environment?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jan 10 06:24:33 PST 2014

Selon "Jay L." <jlaura at asu.edu>:

> Frank,
>
> Thanks for the heads up.  I am using the --without-jasper flag as part of
> the ./configure call.  Here is the error that I am seeing - that led to me
> to believe that the issue is jasper related:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vagrant/gdal-1.10.1/apps'
> g++  gdalinfo.o commonutils.o  -L/home/vagrant/gdal-1.10.1 -lgdal
>  -lpthread -lm -lrt -ldl                  -o gdalinfo
> /home/vagrant/gdal-1.10.1/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `dec_jpeg2000'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [gdalinfo] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vagrant/gdal-1.10.1/apps'
> make: *** [apps-target] Error 2
>
> I did install libjpeg-dev and libjasper-dev in hopes that this would
> alleviate the issue.
>
> Perhaps I am pursuing the issue in the wrong direction?

When you run ./configure several times, make sure to run "make clean" between
the attempts. I'm not clear why you've had this error with the "dec_jpeg2000"
symbol that is defined and used in the GRIB driver (it has a definition even if
you don't have Jasper). Anway the "make clean" will probably solve it.
Generally, "./configure" without any particular argument should work on most
platforms.