[gdal-dev] issues with gdal2tiles.py

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue May 27 10:19:09 PDT 2014

Am 27.05.2014 18:45, schrieb Marcela Campo:
> Hi André, thank you for your response.
>
> I am not using EPSG:900913 anywhere

You mentioned an error message about EPSG:900913 in your first post.
I did my gdal2tiling a few years ago, and at that time 900913 was still
listed in proj. Now it has been replaced by EPSG:3857, but gdal2tiles
still wants it (I guess).

How much is your offset?

If it is a few hundred meters, it is more likely a datum shift issue. If
it is about 20km, it might be the Google mercator bug.

For the first one, you might look into the PSAD56 or SAD69 UTM
projections. They have a shift against WGS84 and POSGAR based projections.

For the second, you can try setting -s_srs "EPSG:3395" -t_srs
"EPSG:3857" (or the other way round) to correct it before tiling.

You could as well load the untiled tif into QGIS and compare to
Oepnstreetmap or Google background using the Openlayers plugin.

HTH,
André Joost