[gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC 49: Curve geometries

Robert Coup robert.coup at koordinates.com
Mon Nov 10 11:20:25 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:40 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

> Is there any other comment on this, before I call for a vote on it ?

FWIW, sounds great to me. :)

I presume that the concept is to add curve-specific geometry functions
(rather than their linear equivalents) over time, as eg.
GEOS/PostGIS/whatever support them? In that case, should it be made clear
in the RFC "that non-linear geometries are first converted to their linear
approximation." is a "for now/worst case" thing?

Rob :)
--

*Koordinates*PO Box 1604, Shortland St, Auckland 1140, New Zealand
Phone +64-9-966 0433 koordinates.com <https://koordinates.com/about>