[gdal-dev] Question

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Aug 26 10:14:41 PDT 2015

Am 26.08.2015 um 17:27 schrieb Rahkonen Jukka (MML):
> I noticed right now while I was
> testing that I have several GDAL installations in my PATH, perhaps
> you have the same situation. Write PATH into your command line for
> checking it.

To avoid those PATH assignments, I use the zip versions from
Gisinternals, and expand it into a folder manually. When I run the
SDKshell.bat, the path is set to that installation for all command line
tasks, until the command window is closed.

QGIS and OSGEO4W work the same, so I have no GDAL in my PATH at all. And
I can run GDAL versions from 1.6 to 2.0 on the same computer in
parallel. I assume this is not possible on Linux.

HTH,
André Joost