[gdal-dev] Question

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Aug 26 10:22:19 PDT 2015

Le mercredi 26 août 2015 19:14:41, Andre Joost a écrit :
> Am 26.08.2015 um 17:27 schrieb Rahkonen Jukka (MML):
> > I noticed right now while I was
> > testing that I have several GDAL installations in my PATH, perhaps
> > you have the same situation. Write PATH into your command line for
> > checking it.
>
> To avoid those PATH assignments, I use the zip versions from
> Gisinternals, and expand it into a folder manually. When I run the
> SDKshell.bat, the path is set to that installation for all command line
> tasks, until the command window is closed.
>
> QGIS and OSGEO4W work the same, so I have no GDAL in my PATH at all.

That depends on what you can "your" PATH. SDKshell or OSGeo4W define a
temporary PATH (but indeed do not touch the user default PATH)

> And
> I can run GDAL versions from 1.6 to 2.0 on the same computer in
> parallel.

> I assume this is not possible on Linux.

Something that would be possible on Windows, but not on Linux?, come on ;-) Of
course, it is possible to run several GDAL versions on Linux. PATH,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, GDAL_DATA, PYTHONPATH are used for that