[gdal-dev] aclocal.m4 checked in

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Nov 1 09:03:12 PST 2015

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> writes:

> Le dimanche 01 novembre 2015 17:47:12, Greg Troxel a écrit :
>> Running 'svn status' after building. I see aclocal.m4 is modified.  The
>> changes are small, but it seems that generated files shouldn't be
>> checked in, and configure isn't, so I would suggest svn rm aclocal.m4.
>> However, it was updated recently so perhaps this is intended.
>
> Did you run autogen.sh or aclocal ? If so, that's not necessary since the
> generated files are put in svn, for the worse or the better.

I ran autogen.sh, because I saw it was present and that seemed normal.
It never occured to me that I could skip it because I expected generated
files not to be in svn.  Amazingly my regen of it matches byte-for-byte
what's checked in, so I didn't even notice that configure is in the
repo.

And I should say that while I'm all complaints this morning, they are
all easily fixed nits and I'm impressed at how little issues I am
finding!