[gdal-dev] Gdaltransform hangs sometimes after being idle

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Sep 5 10:24:34 PDT 2015

Le samedi 05 septembre 2015 17:39:52, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> If I run gdaltransform on Windows and keep it idle for some time the whole
> command window freezes sometimes so that it does not accept any input,
> including Ctrl-C for closing the program. I have known the behavior for
> long and just closed the process from task manager. However, now I saw a
> new message on my screen which I have not noticed before.
>
> CPLMutexHolder: Failed to acquire mutex!
>
> Unfortunately I can't reprodoce the freeze in a reliable way.

Jukka,

This sounds rather strange. Most mutex locking attempts in GDAL have a timeout
of 1000 seconds, so that might explain the "after some time". However I fail
to see how waiting for input and mutex relate together. Or there would be a
mutex that wouldn't be released. What is your gdaltransform command line ?

Even