[gdal-dev] PostGIS Out of db VRT containing JPEG2000 GDAL 2.1 OpenJPEG

bboughton bboughton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 03:44:31 PDT 2016

Thanks for your suggestions.

SELECT short_name FROM ST_GDALDrivers();
Lists VRT, GTiff, JPEG2000 etc as a supported formats

I am able to use gdal_translate to convert between VRT (created using
Sentinel2 Driver) and GeoTiff

One thing I do remember now - could be a question for PostGIS list - when
building PostGIS I didn't use the latest version of Geos (v3.4 instead of
3.5 as 3.5 was not available as package). According to this
(https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2015-May/024878.html) post
I don't think it would affect this issue.