[gdal-dev] VRT and M-dimension - any example?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue May 10 07:08:35 PDT 2016

Le mardi 10 mai 2016 14:43:16, Even Rouault a écrit :
> Le mardi 10 mai 2016 14:38:01, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Release notes https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/2.1.0-News
> > announce that RFC 61: Support for measured geometries is implemented in
> > VRT. However, this is not mentioned in http://www.gdal.org/drv_vrt.html.
> > I would like to improve the documentation but before I can do that I
> > need to understand how it works. Could somebody help a bit with making a
> > valid VRT for
> >
> > - CSV source
> > - GeometryType>wkbPointZM</GeometryType>
> > - GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns"
> >
> > Or are the PointFromColumn attributes simply x="x" y="y" z="z" m="m" ?
>
> Ah good point, PointFromColumn has not been extended to support the m
> attribute.

Just added support for m attribute in PointFromColumn mode in trunk and 2.1
branch.

$ cat pointzm2.csv
id,x,y,z,m
1,1,2,3,4

$ cat pointzm2.vrt
<OGRVRTDataSource>
  <OGRVRTLayer name="pointzm2">
    <SrcDataSource relativeToVRT="1">pointzm2.csv</SrcDataSource>
    <SrcLayer>pointzm2</SrcLayer>
    <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y" z="z" m="m"/>
  </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>