[gdal-dev] [Qgis-developer] GDAL 2.2.0 beta 2 available

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:47:31 PDT 2017

On 25 April 2017 at 07:01, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:

>> 5) require GDAL < 2.2 for building QGIS 2.18

What about

6) #ifdef the offending plugin out in 2.18 for GDAL >= 2.2?

Given that the plugin is removed in QGIS 3.0 anyway, I think early
retirement is a perfectly valid option. It's also the best option for
GDAL, and avoids any wasted effort temporarily fixing code which only
has a short time left to live anyway...

There's been no objections at all to the removal in 3.0 (although
admittedly only a small sample of users would be using the 3.0
development builds). I just suspect that this is almost never used and
most of our users won't notice its loss.

Nyall