[gdal-dev] "symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64" when compiling GDAL 2.1.0 on Mac OS X

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Feb 12 11:37:49 PST 2017

On dimanche 12 février 2017 10:52:59 CET Michal Migurski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve recently switched to a new laptop, and I’m attempting to compile GDAL.
> I have libpng and jpeg in /urs/local via a fresh installation of Homebrew,
> and I am attempting to follow instructions for minimal drivers. This has
> worked without incident for me in the past, but I’m running into a problem
> I’ve not seen before.

Michal,
You need to disable the MRF driver as well since it needs libpng and libjpeg. Unfortunetely I
just discovered that the intended --without-mrf option didn't work because of a typo. I fixed
this by a simple patch in https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6811 that you can apply.

Lucian,
wouldn't it make sense to either be able to build MRF without PNG and/or JPEG support, or if
that doesn't make sense automatically disable MRF when they are not available ?

Even