[gdal-dev] Converting indexed transparent PNG to transparent GeoTIFF
tomislav.obad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 00:23:47 PST 2017
I'm not sure I'm writing to a right address, but I have a rather simple
problem, at least a first glance.
I'm trying to convert an indexed transparent PNG to transparent GeoTIFF
I've tried many different things (using gdal_translate):
- convert indexed PNG to rgba PNG with external tool (Gimp) and then to
Geotiff with -expand rgba, -co ALPHA=YES and number of combinations I've
found on the internet
- convert directly this png to GeoTiff
- convert to rgba with pct2rgb.py -rgba image.png image_rgba.tif
- convert png to .vrt, edited a color map and no data entry, a tried to
convert vrt to rgb
- and some other stuff like external apps, imagick, gimp, PS, etc.
I cannot get an image with transparent part as in original PNG.
I've read that you can use MEM format and convert it in python (
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2007-May/013197.html) but didn't
try in till now. I was hoping I can do it with GDAL commands.
What are my options?
Here is my test file:
Please help :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gdal-dev