[gdal-dev] Wrong interpretation of DIMENSION features in GDAL DXF driver

Nikolai Bezdna mofoyoda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:58:54 PST 2017

I’ve found a bug in DXF driver: when reading features of type DIMENSION this driver translates them to multilinestrings, which is ok, but then puts unnecessary leading lines and rotates the main line (with arrows) to a horizontal state, which is really a wrong representation.
Here are two screenshots illustrating the issue: one from a cad viewer (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7488735/acad_dxf.png <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7488735/acad_dxf.png>) and another one from QGIS (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7488735/gdal_dxf.png <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7488735/gdal_dxf.png>), which uses gdal DXF driver to read this format.

I haven’t tried the new GSoC DWG driver yet (I guess it’s only in trunk now and not yet released) and unsure if it works for DXF. I very much hope this bug isn’t present there and dimension features are translated correctly. I’ll try out this new driver and let you know.

Cheers,
Nick