[gdal-dev] RFC68: C++11 compilation mode - Call for vote on adoption

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 09:58:49 PDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Kurt Schwehr <schwehr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that Tamas has added the msvc2015/2-17SDK's, I'd like to call a vote
> by the PSC on RFC68: C++11 compilation mode.
>
> The draft is here:
>
>  https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc68_cplusplus11

I'm late to the party, but I guess I don't understand a few things in the
RFC.

In Plan:  If c++11 mode is enabled, won't ALL code need to be C++11
compliant, rather than just new code?

In Core changes and Potential changes: It's not clear to me how these are
related to turning on C++ 11 mode.  Are the "Core changes" the NECESSARY
changes to support the C++11 standard?  Are the "not included" features
DISALLOWED in future code, or...?

Thanks for the clarification.

--
Andrew Bell