[gdal-dev] Call for discussion for RFC 71: Migration to GitHub

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Mar 19 13:58:40 PDT 2018

On 19 March 2018 at 21:40, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To follow our processes, I've initiated a RFC related to the migration to
> GitHub
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc71_github_migration

A few comments:

"5. The cron job on the OSGeo server that refreshes the website (...)"

Perhaps, at some point this could move to gh-pages completely.

"Most visible Trac wiki documentation will have to be revised to point
to GitHub?"

I think, this means the content is copied to GitHub wiki.

Once completed, perhaps all pages from the Trac wiki could be wiped out,
then no web crawlers would keep indexing it, etc.

> In the hope to finally go from recuring discussions that have occured during
> the past years to a concrete end result, I've clearly simplified the process
> to minimize the amount of work (so no migration from Trac tickets to github
> issues). Ideally I'd like to see steps 0. to 7. done during this week at the
> OSGeo code sprint, so please give your feedback quickly.

Thank you Even for taking over the lead.

I'll still help with the further actions.