[gdal-dev] gdal_merge.py not executing or found

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Nov 7 06:28:00 PST 2018

Jeremy,

> I cannot even find the gdal_merge.py file in
> /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/Current/Programs/ or anywhere
> else in the gdal framework directory.

Should be reported to the creator of the package. I believe this is
William Kyngesburye (CC'ed) but I'm not completely sure.

> I looked to see if I could install
> the .py file separately but can't find any installation options on the GDAL
> website.

You can always download the script from
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/swig/python/scripts/gdal_merge.py

(assuming that the GDAL Python bindings are installed)

Even