[gdal-dev] Translate leaves additional PAM .aux.xml file

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Fri Oct 5 04:17:08 PDT 2018

Robert Coup wrote
> Is it possible to prevent creation of the .aux.xml in this case? I was
> using the presence of any extra files as a warning that something might
> have been missed in the TIFF conversion.

Hi,

>From https://gdal.org/classGDALPamDataset.html:

Enabling PAM

PAM support can be enabled (resp. disabled) in GDAL by setting the
GDAL_PAM_ENABLED configuration option (via CPLSetConfigOption(), or the
environment) to the value of YES (resp. NO). Note: The default value is
build dependent and defaults to YES in Windows and Unix builds.

-Jukka Rahkonen-