[gdal-dev] Minimal requirements of a service for reader driver OGC API - Features?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 08:25:20 PST 2019

Hi,
We're implementing a minimal server of an "OGC API - Features" service
and test it with a reader driver of "OGC API - Features" [1] (ogrinfo,
ogr2ogr, QGIS). We're getting ERROR 404 with "ogrinfo
WFS3:127.0.0.1:8000 <ourlayer>" [2] obviously because some discovery
paths are not implemented at server side.

Now, my question is: What are the endpoints really required by the OGR
reader driver? /api ?

According to 7.2.2 of the OGC spec [3] and given a basic endpoint
http://path/to/OAPIF/endpoint/ theses are all endpoints of WFS3:

* http://path/to/OAPIF/endpoint/
* http://path/to/OAPIF/endpoint/api
* http://path/to/OAPIF/endpoint/api.html