[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 76 OGR Python drivers

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Dec 9 09:23:37 PST 2019

Marco,

> I used the Dockerfile from
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/tree/master/gdal/docker/ubuntu-full
> to build a container from master. I copied in all example drivers and an
> example cityjson file.
>
> In this I ran the autotest pytest -vvs ogr/ succesfully.
>
> However, trying to use the drivers from command line fails.
>
> I've tried  things like
>
>    gdalinfo --config GDAL_PYTHON_DRIVER_PATH ./pydrivers/ --formats | grep
> DUMMY
>    gdalinfo --config GDAL_PYTHON_DRIVER_PATH "/python_drivers/" --formats |
> grep JSON
>    gdalinfo --config GDAL_PYTHON_DRIVER_PATH "/python_drivers/" test.json
>
> All these are failing. The first two don't have any of the example drivers
> in the format list, the last fails with the well know error for not having
> the correct driver for the dataset.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Probably some issue with the path you set:

>From the gdal/ subdirectory of a git checkout of GDAL, the following

$ docker run --rm -v /home:/home osgeo/gdal:ubuntu-full-latest ogrinfo --config GDAL_PYTHON_DRIVER_PATH $PWD/examples/pydrivers --format CityJSON

returns

Format Details:
  Short Name: CityJSON
  Long Name: CityJSON
  Supports: Vector
  Extension: json
  Supports: Open() - Open existing dataset.
  Supports: Virtual IO - eg. /vsimem/
  Other metadata items:
    DRIVER_LANGUAGE=PYTHON

Even