[gdal-dev] RFC 73 (aka gdalsrsbarn) available for review

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 17 11:08:58 PST 2019

On jeudi 17 janvier 2019 13:45:27 CET Andrew Bell wrote:
> What is the logic behind the PROJ symbol renaming?

First, it is purely optional and require active decision of the user to build
PROJ that way. This is only meant to be used by people wanting to mix GDAL
master + PROJ master + GDAL dependencies built with against old PROJ version.
This is useful in particular for CI purposes where I want to be able to pull
GDAL dependencies built against PROJ 4.9.x.
This is meant at managing the transition before all the stack is built against
PROJ 6

> I remember terrible
> things about previous symbol renaming efforts.

Really ? Well, they eventually "solved" quite severe issues during the libtiff
3 -> 4 transition.

> Is the expectation that
> PROJ will be statically linked in GDAL for some reason?

No