[gdal-dev] GDAL linked against CFITSIO on debian/ubuntu

Chiara Marmo chiara.marmo at u-psud.fr
Thu Jun 13 08:05:31 PDT 2019

Hello,

I'm checking different OS and distributions for GDAL link against CFITSIO. I was pretty sure that Ubuntu and Debian allow the use of CFITSIO but apparently Ubuntu 18.04 does not...
I've found a "--with-cifitsio=no" in the debian versioning system [1].... but I can't test debian right now.

On Fedora the gdal package checks for the presence of CFITSIO and links against it if found.

Is someone in this list close to debian/ubuntu packagers?
Am I wrong?

Thanks for listening.
Best

Chiara

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/gdal/blob/master/debian/rules#L116

--
Chiara Marmo
Ingénieur de Recherche GEOPS - Paris Sud-11