[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr PDF

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Nov 10 23:34:52 PST 2019

Hi Paul,

ogr2ogr usually doesn't care much about styling, unless you use ogr
feature styles:

https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogr_feature_style.html

Or you use QGIS 3.10* which has a nice GeoPDF export built in. But if
you want to automate things, I understand that the automated solution
might be better for your workflow.

*Disclaimer: QGIS 3.10 must be compiled with GDAL >= 3.0 and proj6,
which as far as I know is currently not the case for QGIS Windows
standalone builds. See also
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/340030/create-geospatial-pdf-geopdf-is-greyed-out-in-pdf-export-options-in-qgis-3-10

Greetings,

Andreas