[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.1.0 RC2 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun May 3 10:47:30 PDT 2020

On dimanche 3 mai 2020 19:22:11 CEST Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 5/3/20 7:09 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
> > Looking at
> > https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/r/r-cran-rgdal/52035
> > 87/log.gz  , there doesn't seem to be much detail about what fails
> > exactly.
>
> From the log:

ah ok, missed that was in the middle of the log

Looking at what is presumably the native side of ogrListLayers(),
https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/r-cran-rgdal/-/blob/master/src/ogrsource.cpp#L1090

I see it use thes GDAL C++ API. Given that the C++ ABI can change between GDAL feature
releases (and it did change between 3.0 and 3.1 in the GDALDataset class used here), if rgdal
isn't rebuilt against GDAL 3.1 headers, crashes are expected.

Even