[gdal-dev] Serve COG images - GEE & Google Cloud Storage

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 05:38:14 PDT 2020

Another option is a fuse level driver that maps cloud storage to a drive path.

Mike

--

Michael Smith

US Army Corps of Engineers

Remote Sensing/GIS Center

From: gdal-dev <gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Travis Kirstine <traviskirstine at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, September 4, 2020 at 8:35 AM
To: gdal dev <gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Serve COG images - GEE & Google Cloud Storage

There is a good article here on how to do this using MapServer and S3, this may work for Google as well

https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/Render-images-straight-out-of-S3-with-the-vsicurl-driver

You can configure MapServer as a WMS server and add the layers to Open Layers or take the extra step and configure MapCache to generate a tiled output and caching using your WMS as source