[gdal-dev] Test Failures

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Apr 27 12:02:57 PDT 2021

Le 27/04/2021 à 20:49, Andrew Bell a écrit :

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 2:27 PM Even Rouault
> <even.rouault at spatialys.com <mailto:even.rouault at spatialys.com>> wrote:
>
>     Andrew,
>
>     This could be due to the PROJ version, but as I'm running with 8.0
>     too (and one of the CI config runs PROJ master), I suspect you
>     just need to install the "conus" grid for NAD27 to WGS84
>     transformations into {proj_prefix}/share/proj . Unpack
>     http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-datumgrid-1.8.tar.gz
>     <http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-datumgrid-1.8.tar.gz>
>
> I have PROJ_NETWORK set to ON. I was under the impression that this
> would cause PROJ to find whatever grids shift files it needed at
> runtime. Is there more configuration that's necessary to get this to
> happen or do I misunderstand the PROJ_NETWORK setting?

That should be fine. Actually I was wrong. This test case doesn't
involve any datum shift / grids as it is EPSG:4326 to EPSG:3857
reprojection.

That might then just be a subtle different rounding issue in
computations in GDAL and/or PROJ, or more likely, due to using a
different JPEG library as this test case involves JPEG compression. If
that was the case, you might add your checksums as an alternative
expected output. We do that in a number of places.

Looking a few lines before the failure, I actually see that the CI got
that issue and we worked around it with:

     if sys.platform == 'darwin' and gdal.GetConfigOption('TRAVIS',
None) is not None:
         assert got_cs != [0, 0, 0]
     else:

Could you run

gdal_translate ../autotest/gdrivers/data/small_world.tif out.tif -of COG
co TILING_SCHEME=GoogleMapsCompatible -co COMPRESS=JPEG

and attach the resulting file ?