[gdal-dev] Motion: remove and deprecate a few drivers

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Mar 3 10:48:53 PST 2021

Hi,

Following the discussions of past weeks, I motion to:

- remove the vector drivers BNA, AeronavFAA, HTF, OpenAir, SEGUKOOA,
SEGY, SUA, XPlane and raster drivers BPG, E00GRID, EPSILON,
IGNFHeightASCIIGrid, NTv1. They have all been authored by myself and I'm
not aware of them having been much used or being still in use.
Implemented in https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3373. They (driver
code, doc and tests) have been moved to the
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal-extra-drivers

- deprecate the raster drivers DODS, FIT, GS7BG, GSAG, GSBG, JDEM,
JPEG2000, JPEGLS, MG4LIDAR,
GMT, DOQ1, DOQ2, FUJIBAS, IDA, LAN, MFF, NDF, SDTS, SGI, XPM, ZMAP
and vector driver ARCGEN, ArcObjects, CLOUDANT, COUCHDB, DB2, DODS, FME,
GEOMEDIA, GTM, INGRES, MONGODB, REC, SDTDS, TIGER, WALK. They will now
be disabled
at runtime by default, unless the GDAL_ENABLE_DEPRECATED_DRIVER_{drivername}
configuration option is set to YES, and will be removed in GDAL 3.5.
Implemented in https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3505

Starting with my +1

Even