[gdal-dev] WKID not set for reprojectionfrom WGS84 to GDA2020

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Nov 8 07:34:09 PST 2021

Abhay,

I've investigated a bit and the reason is that FileGDB SDK contains a
catalog of geographic and projected CRS that doesn't contain GDA2020 /
EPSG:7844. The SDK likely lags behind the capabilities of other Esri
software.

I've just added in master a layer creation option (undocumented for now)
to manually specify the WKID, like

ogr2ogr out.gdb in_dataset -t_srs EPSG:7844 -lco WKID=7844

The OpenFileGDB driver can make use of that code, but the FileGDB driver
doesn't see it yet (but could potentially be modified to see it). I've
no idea if other Esri software would probably recognize a layer with a
SRS set this way. Feedback would be appreciated.

The official Docker images the project publishes don't contain
close-source bits, hence no FileGDB driver.

Even