[gdal-dev] XY Tolerance = 0 when creating layer in region settings with comma decimal separator

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 2 13:57:09 PDT 2021

Karen,

I've done some experiments on Linux, by forcing the locale of the
process to a locale with comma as decimal separator and I can't
reproduce an issue. What I see in the code is that we pass the tolerance
as a string to the binary FileGDB SDK, but there's clearly at least
validation from it of numeric values. Although I can see that passing
XYTOLERANCE=1.23 or 1.230 results in different things in the XML, so it
doesn't seem that it is rewritten. So I'm not sure what happens. It
might behave differently on Windows, but hard to say what happens as we
don't have the sources. Perhaps you have a way of programmatically
changing the locale (or equivalent concept) in your code, at least
temporarily, to force dot as decimal separator ?

Even