[gdal-dev] Advanced 3.6.1 release and retraction of 3.6.0 ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Dec 15 11:35:41 PST 2022

Question: now that 3.6.1 is out, what to do with the
osgeo/gdal:xxxx-3.6.0 docker images:

- keep them

- remove them

- alias them to the 3.6.1 ones which are now available ?

The same holds with source tarballs of 3.6.0 available on
download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.6.0 or as github release. Digging into
history, we retracted 1.7.0 in
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadSource#a1.7.0retracted-January2010
and as far as I can see in http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/old_releases/
, the 1.7.0 tarballs were also removed from download.

Even