[gdal-dev] Advanced 3.6.1 release and retraction of 3.6.0 ?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Dec 15 12:11:06 PST 2022

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> writes:

> Question: now that 3.6.1 is out, what to do with the
> osgeo/gdal:xxxx-3.6.0 docker images:
>
> - keep them
>
> - remove them
>
> - alias them to the 3.6.1 ones which are now available ?

Basically I'm with Bas on this.

But even more strongly, do not alias 3.6.0 to 3.6.1.  If someone asks
for 3.6.0, getting it is fine, and getting an error is ok, but getting
something else is not ok.

As a packger  I don't really care, because I was fortunate to still be
waiting to get around to 3.6.0 (part cmake, part life in general, part
being a little shy about .0).  So I will, when I get to it, go right to
3.6.1.