[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.5.0alpha1 available

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 04:05:06 PDT 2022

On 21.03.22 00:05, Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As discussed a few weeks ago, here's a GDAL 3.5.0alpha1 snapshot,
> mostly for the sake of exercising the new CMake build system (thanks
> to all early testers and contributors!). The libtool numbers have
> *not* been updated (I believe they are still the same as the 3.3.0
> release). This is not meant as being pushed to any distribution
> channel yet.

I gave it a spin for Fedora:

- Does not build against JasPer-3.0.2: there are two signature mismatches:

-static int JPEG2000_VSIL_read(jas_stream_obj_t *obj, char *buf,
unsigned cnt)
+static ssize_t JPEG2000_VSIL_read(jas_stream_obj_t *obj, char *buf,
size_t cnt)

-static int JPEG2000_VSIL_write(jas_stream_obj_t *obj, const char *buf,
unsigned int cnt)
+static ssize_t JPEG2000_VSIL_write(jas_stream_obj_t *obj, const char
*buf, size_t cnt)

Plus reliance on jasper symbols which are not exported by default by
JasPer: jp2_encode, jp2_box_destroy, jp2_box_get

- lib/gdalplugins shuold honour LIB_SUFFIX:

    set(INSTALL_PLUGIN_DIR
-      "lib/gdalplugins"
+      "lib${LIB_SUFFIX}/gdalplugins"
        CACHE PATH "Installation sub-directory for plugins")

- I wasn't able to figure out how to build the docs? cmake
-DBUILD_DOCS=On works so far as cmake configuration succeeds. Then make
documentation fails with missing br/ru localized files, and commenting
those targets out there seems to be a mismatch between the footer name
(gdal_footer.html vs footer.html?)

Sandro