[gdal-dev] JPEG2000 with COG like structure

Tobby Moalem mtobby59 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 23:50:51 PDT 2023

I am looking for a way to use my JPEG2000 over object storage (s3)
efficiently. JPEG2000 structure is progressive by resolution, meaning that
in order to get the maximum resolution of a tile, all previous resolutions
have to be decoded. This leads to performing many GET request that cause
slow performance for the user.

I know that JPEG2000 is extremely flexible, so I wonder if there is a way
to store each resolution level by itself (similar to COG structure), so
that with one GET request I will receive the entire resolution level of a
tile.

Thanks in advance,
Tobby