[gdal-dev] Stitching and geo coordinating drone images

Vaheed Ghaffari veypor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:22:03 PST 2023

Hello,
I need some verification from the pros out there. I am trying to stitch
together a set of images taken by the DJI drone camera (M300) and add geo
coordination.
Raw images are not geo coordinated, but I can access the photo information
in XMP fields, including the coordinates of the image center (principal
point). I am trying to use the GDAL C# Nuget Package.

Here are the steps I am taking:
1- Calculate geotransform array 6 coefficients using the principal point
coordinates, calculated GSD and camera pitch/yaw/roll for each image
2- Use setgeotransform assign the array to the images
3-Use GdalWarp try to stitch the geocoordinated images together.

I am not getting any good results. the output of the Warp function is
always a modified version of my last image in the dataset. I tried using a
basic geotranform array (without roll or coordination move) for testing and
got the same/similar results.

I can provide the detailed code if required, but I have a feeling that I am
missing steps.
I appreciate the help,

-Vaheed