[gdal-dev] gdalinfo on large vrt takes a long time

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jun 8 15:43:18 PDT 2023

I'm writing a script that needs some info from a vrt raster, and one has thousands of files. When reading the vrt over the internet (vpn to our server) it takes a long time. I think it's looking at every file of the vrt.  What is gdal reading from the files that's not in the vrt itself? I used all the -no options and I'm not adding any other info options like checksums or stats. I just need basic info from the vrt that's in the vrt file.

-----
William Kyngesburye
<kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
<https://www.kyngchaos.com>