[gdal-dev] Multi-threaded GDALPolygonize C++

Shayan Ghofrany shayanghofrany at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 09:38:14 PDT 2023

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm new to the mailing list, so if my question is not formatted correctly
please let me know.

I am attempting to polygonize a raster file by first chunking it into
smaller pieces and then using multi-threaded to polygonize those chunks
simultaneously. I often come across Disk I/O errors which makes me think
that what I want to do is not necessarily how GDALPolygonize should be
used. I was wondering if anyone has attempted something similar and whether
there are public examples available that I could look into.

Thanks for your time,

Shayan Ghofrany