[gdal-dev] GDAL & CAD Files

Ashlyn Powell ashlyn.powell at blewinc.com
Tue Jun 25 12:55:04 PDT 2024

Hello GDAL Devs,

I am new to using GDAL, and I just don't know enough about it yet.  I am
working with thousands of CAD files (DWG) to extract a project boundary
line then export it out as a KML. I would love to automate this process.
Does GDAL have the capability to work with DWG files? Has anyone attempted
this?    A problem I could see happening is the projection not being set up
correctly, and all of them exported boundary lines showing up in the ocean.

Any pointers are much appreciated! I thank you all for your time.

Thank you,
--
Ashlyn Powell
GIS Analyst | GIS