Tie-in to Education Committee

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 13 11:02:37 EDT 2006

Hi geodata committee,
The education committee just had its first meeting.  It was good - one area of
focus that came up was to create a common data package that we will be able
to use for tutorial/courses, etc.  This is a good place for us to
cross-collaborate.  I just mention it in case some of you wanted to sign up
to the discuss at edu.osgeo.org list and participate in this little "Data
Package Working Group":
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Education_Working_Groups

We're barely getting started but just wanted to mention it to you in your were
interested.   Are there direct tie-ins to any efforts/plans the Geodata
groups has been discussing?

Wouldn't it be great if we could create a useful (e.g. global) dataset that
all projects could use as a tutorial set to demonstrate their tools?  That's
my hope anyway.

Take care,
Tyler