IRC meeting *next* Thursday, 20th July

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Jul 12 15:04:47 EDT 2006

dear geodata committee + friends,

We tentatively agreed after the last meeting to convene again in 2
weeks ('same bat time, same bat channel'); I personally have not done
enough in the last fortnight to justify meeting again. I'd prefer to
convene a committee meeting on IRC *next* Thursday, 20th July:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Geodata_Committee_Seventh_Meeting
Thus far the agenda is empty ;). I'd love to be able to talk practics
about initial geodata hosting services on telascience by then. Anyone
who wants to help, or find out more about what resources are on offer,
is very welcome to pop into the ongoing discussion on #telascience on
irc.freenode.net anytime.

I'm also thinking about producing an open geodata pamphlet for
distribution at OSCON / EurOSCON. This would be something a bit
more involved / less PR oriented than the one-page bullet pointy blurb
produced for the glossy leaflets on the OSGeo stall. I'm thinking
'open data/open knowledge' as next steps from 'open source', with
geodata at the vanguard of that. This could run up to around 32 A5
sized pages and if anyone knew of CC-licensed essays / articles that
seemed really suitable for inclusion in something like this, that
would be great.

cheers,

jo