[Geodata] Re: [Aust-NZ] NZ geodata on OSGEO?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 29 11:03:40 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:42 AM,  <Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au> wrote:
> IMO:
>
> Brent,
>
> If we are to host this data via OSGeo, I would prefer to do so with LINZ's
> blessing, rather than through an interpretation of a license agreement.

In the first place we need those blessings, but all subsequent users
are forced to interprete the license agreement.
Example: say, the data set stays for twenty years. Nobody will remember
any blessings but only read the license.

In an ideal world the license should be just clear.

Just my 0.02 cent,
Markus