[Geo4All] Open request for updates on SDG book

Anthony Robinson acr181 at psu.edu
Mon Jul 16 07:44:55 PDT 2018

Suchith,

You are making many assumptions and strange connections in your message.
Did you try reaching out to Menno-Jan directly, rather than via this
mailing list? It’s strange to call people out via a mailing list and act
as though they owe you a response. That’s not a particularly friendly way
to start a conversation.

I share Christian’s concern that you are appearing to conflate fake
articles in predatory journals to the ICA’s interest in an SDG-related
publication. Such things are happening across the scientific spectrum
today and have nothing in particular to do with the ICA or its interest in
creating an SDG publication. Virtually everyone involved in
editing/reviewing a journal today is seeing stuff like that. It’s a
problem for sure, but I don’t understand why you are aiming this issue at
the ICA in particular.

I am an ICA Commission chair and to my knowledge the SDG publication is no
longer under consideration as an Esri Press item, so I recommend you relax
a little on that front.

Re: sponsorship and the like, just as every other conference does, the ICA
publishes its list of financial sponsors for the biannual conference.
That’s the whole idea of sponsorship, after all – to gain visibility in
association with an organization/meeting.

Regards,

-Anthony

Anthony C. Robinson, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Geography
Director for Online Geospatial Education, John A. Dutton e-Education
Institute
Assistant Director, GeoVISTA Center
The Pennsylvania State University
sites.psu.edu/arobinson/