[Geo4All] Proposed OSGeo stack beginner workshop, based on OSGeo-Live, presented at FOSS4G

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:57:18 PDT 2018

Good suggestions.

I think there are some logical sections with well defined interfaces
within the workshop, and you can switch components in/out at these
points, or chunk into workshops.

I'd say it could break into:

* Data: Source and prepare data. Ideally just use preloaded sample
dataset. (Note, changing example datasets will likely lead to many
changes to the syntax of example commands)

* Datastore: Load data into a data store (such as a database)

* Web Service: connect webservice to a datastore, and configure the data
service (such as a WMS/WFS)

* Client: Access data from the client and do something useful. There can
be a Desktop version and browser version of this.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254