[Geo4All] GIScience RG - Call for Session Sponsorship - RGS-IBG Conference 2022

De Sabbata, Stefano (Dr.) s.desabbata at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 07:10:03 PST 2022

Dear all,

The Geographic Information Science Research Group (GIScRG)<https://geoinfo.science/> of the RGS-IBG is glad to invite you to submit proposals for sponsorship of your RGS-IBG Annual International Conference 2022 sessions. The GIScRG welcomes sessions that focus on geographic information science and tools, cartography, spatial analysis, critical GIS and related disciplines. We are also open to co-sponsorships with other Research Groups.

Obtaining a group sponsorship for your session is not required, but it will connect your session to the broader GIScience community of the RGS-IBG. We will promote your session along with the other sessions we sponsor, providing your session with broader publicity. The session will be part of our AIC programme, thus avoiding overlaps with other GIScience sessions. Please note, however, that sponsorships do not include financial support, although you might be able to apply for a guest pass.

Please send the information below to s.desabbata at le.ac.uk<mailto:s.desabbata at le.ac.uk> before February 11th.

  *   Session title
  *   Session abstract (250 words)
  *   Session organisers name, affiliation and email
  *   Session format and how many timeslots you are requiring
  *   Whether you aim for a co-sponsorship with other groups
  *   (No need to include abstracts for paper contributions)

Timeline:

  *   Call of papers and sessions for the RGS-IBG Annual International Conference 2022<https://www.rgs.org/research/annual-international-conference/call/> now live.
  *   Deadline for sponsorship applications from session organisers to GIScience RG: February 11th.
  *   Decision on sponsorship applications from GIScience RG to session organisers: February 15th.
  *   Session organisers call for paper contributions, GIScience RG advertise sessions until March 18th.
  *   Deadline for submissions from session organisers to RGS: March 25th.

All the best,
Stef.

“It’s all going to be alright in the end, and if it's not alright, it's not the end”
(by Ol Parker, via Wittertainment)

Dr Stefano De Sabbata (they/them)
Lecturer in Quantitative Geography
School of Geography, Geology and the Environment,
University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
Research Associate at the Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
t: +44 (0)116 252 3812
e: s.desabbata at le.ac.uk<mailto:s.desabbata at le.ac.uk>
w: sdesabbata.github.io<https://sdesabbata.github.io/>
w: le.ac.uk/departments/geography/people/stefano-de-sabbata<http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/geography/people/stefano-de-sabbata>