[geojquery] BOF @ FOSSGIS "GeoJQuery"

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Tue Mar 9 16:26:02 EST 2010

Hi Eric,

I strongly favor the first option you mentioned. I'd guess that there
are millions of jQuery developers out there that can be dragged into the
GIS-scene by providing a very (!) easy interface to OpenLayers.

Wouldn't it be nice to register click events for features like this
(syntax --of course -- likely to change):

$( '#mymap' ).bind( 'featureclick', function( feature ) {
  alert( 'You clicked ' + feature.id );
});

regardless of where (in terms of layers) the features are?

How would you like

$( '#mymap' ).read(
'http://example.com/any/format/openlayers/can/read/service.cgi',
function( serviceType, data ) {
  // this one would read GML, WFS, WKT, whatever
  $( this ).addData( data );
});

And think about chaining:

$( '#mymap' ).findFeatures({type: 'mainroad'}).bind( 'mouseover',
function( feature ) {
  $( '#showinfo' ).value( 'The mouse is currently over ' + feature.id);
}).bind('mouseout', function() {
  $( '#showinfo' ).value( '' );
})

and so on, and so on...