[geomoose-psc] catching up

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:14:53 PDT 2012

Evening, although I noticed this email list when filling in the incubation checklist - the archives showed a "Incubation (last items)" thread so I thought I could drop in :D

Bobb provided the following:

1) Need Documentation License.
2) Need Code contribution agreement or statement that we do not require such an agreement (from the Sep 24th, incubation committee meeting minutes).
3) Code, documentation and data review work items summarized in one spot.
4) Author’s list referencing each organization or employer

I also had the following from the incubation meeting (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IncCom_Meeting20):
- Frank really wanted to see a code contribution agreement, or a clear notice that one was not being used

"FrankW: Normally for projects without a legal contribution agreement it is good to make clear guidelines on provenance responsibilities and to have each committer agree to it. It would certainly be desirable to make that more explicit."

And from the email list:
- Cameron: "I'd also like to see "Commiter Responsibilities Guidelines" embedded into a "Software Developers Guide" or similar. I'm afraid the link to meeting minutes doesn't constitute guidelines."

--
Jody Garnett