[geomoose-psc] RFC-9: Adopt new linting and code formatting rules

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Jun 30 11:00:06 PDT 2022

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 8:35 AM Dan Little <theduckylittle at gmail.com> wrote:

> RFC-4 is why I thought we may need an RFC for this. Since it would
> supersede what is in the previous RFC. Maybe RFC-4’s codification if the
> standard was misguided but we’re stuck with it now.

After rereading RFC-4, I don't think that we codified any standards in the
RFC and were wise enough to make reference to standards (which have already
changed once before see /developer/standards vs /docs/style_guide).
Updating the style guide and a simple PSC vote by email or IRC at the next
meeting make sense to me but I'd like to hear from others too.

> We could also revise RFC-9 to accept whatever we put
> into the style guide and the style guide is changed by simple vote.

If we did paint ourselves into the corner with RFC-4, I think this is a
better path out.  I see it as already falling into the realm of routine
project functions.

Best regards, Eli