[geomoose-psc] SharedGeo Sponsorship and Funding

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Jul 17 13:23:48 PDT 2024

Hi Dan and all,

There are a few different causes of a major version/milestone.  In past major upgrades, that's come in two varieties: 1) driven by updates in or replacements in underlying libraries (OpenLayers, Dojo, jquery, React, etc, etc.) and 2) major additions (or restorations) of functionality.

As part of the scoping, we should decide what type of version advance this is and what realm we're operating in.

We should also evaluate the greater geospatial context.  I'm fairly happy with GeoMoose functionality, the niche filled, and positioning within the greater geospatial tech environment.  One thing that might be worth discussing is hosting- self hosting is becoming more rare.

As far as the logistics of a meeting including a demo (is text/irc not the obvious choice for a demo?), I think that most of us can probably find a way to work with most platforms (zoom, google meeting, Teams, Jitsi, etc).  We might want to schedule more time for this so that we're able to have full discussions.

Best regards, Eli