[Geomoose-users] jpg, tif images / scale problem

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 12:54:37 EST 2007

Vojko,

Have you looked at this page yet?

http://www.geomoose.org/moose/documentation/how-tos/basic-how-to-add-your-own-data-layers/

----- Original Message ----
From: Vojko Daneu <vojko.daneu at mail.telepac.pt>
To: GeoMOOSE <geomoose-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 4:54:24 AM
Subject: [Geomoose-users] jpg, tif images / scale problem

Hallo,

I have 2 questions regarding GeoMOOSE:

Question 1: is there any special procedure involved
when loading and showing image layers (tif,jpg) in GeoMoose?

I tried to
load a map of the world (jpg-image - with jgw-file in the same location) with
the following .map file:

MAP
    NAME
'mn_world'
    SIZE 800 650
    STATUS
ON
    EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
    UNITS
DD
      IMAGETYPE JPEG
    TRANSPARENT
TRUE

    WEB

INCLUDE
"/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/maps_statedemo/web_config.map"

END

    LAYER

NAME 'world'
        DATA
'./world.jpg'
        TYPE
RASTER
        STATUS ON

END
END

I can see the layer's name in the "Map Layers" list on
the right hand side, but no image in the main window regardless of the zoom I
use.

Question 2: I use the GeoMoose 1.0.0. example
application and show layers in geographic coordinates. The scale, shown in the
footer is obviously wrong. In which scripts do I have to change the
code to get a correct scale?

Best
regards
Vojko