[Geomoose-users] GeoMOOSE future development

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Thu Mar 27 00:25:47 EDT 2008

To whom it may concern,

Related to GeoMoose future development.

There have been a couple organizations looking to fund some additional
GeoMoose development.  They are hoping others might match some of this
funding, because preliminary estimates show it may not be enough to
accomplish everything they need for GeoMOOSE development.   We have
about $4k committed for GeoMoose development. The capabilities these
organizations would like to fund are:

-     "OpenLayers LIB integration"  This will replace the stock Image
handler software currently in GeoMoose with the OpenLayers Library
function set.  This will add in a number of capabilities to the GeoMoose
suite, such a more robost vector drawing library, tiled maps and
numerous other data sources.

-     "Web Interface Design components"  We would like to add in some
additional web layout controls.   These controls would allow for better
and easier design of the user interface, and combined with the
OpenLayers LIB integration, it would add in many new options for the
display and user interaction of GeoMoose with data and Services.

I am sending this email to the list to see if there are other
organizations that are interested in pooling funding with this effort,
if so please email me offline to coordinate.  It could be as simple as
contributing funding to add a feature you need or fixing a bug you have
found or working towards completing one of the two things above.  The
reason for pooling the money is to cut down on administrative costs and
to find a developer that can do all the work at once making it more cost
effective.

Regards,

Brian